- Applicant may be nominated by a member of the PSTA Transit Riders Advisory Committee, or nominated by a member of the public or private sector.
- Improved public transit access to and from a bus stop, transit center or connection to route may include: paved and marked pathways to crosswalks and nearest establishments, inclusion of transit accessibility in the construction codes and planned design of a new establishment.
- They key measure of a sidewalk or pedestrian path is a pedestrian clear zone: a continuous paved zone with at least 7 ft. of vertical clearance and no surface obstruction.
- Nominee(s) must have made a specific effort to construct or upgrade access to a bus stop, transit center or connection to route from their facility or within their (municipality). Additional consideration will be given to nominees who demonstrate a collaborative effort with public and private partners in achieving the improvement.
- Photographs and exact location of the bus stop or transit center access improvement must be included with the submission.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applications will be screened on a regular basis by a small review committee that will include one staff member from each of the Planning and Marketing departments plus the TRAC Coordinator. The committee will review each application for requirements of eligibility and completeness of application. Note: If there are less than six applications received, all eligible nomination forms will be sent to TRAC members for their review.
- The TRAC members will receive an email that includes scanned copies of the eligible applications up for consideration, along with a criteria check off cover page on each application, prior to the meeting at which they will be discussed. This will give each TRAC member enough time to read and review the applications.
- TRAC agendas will include an Action Item: Review and Select the TRAC STAR Award winner(s) as applications are received and reviewed. (Max: Monthly, Min. Quarterly). Committee Chair will call for a motion to approve the TRAC STAR Award recipient(s).
- Nominators will be notified by phone if your application was selected for TRAC Star Award and designation.